Sunday, March 27, 2011

Black and White Outing March 2011

Traveling Helen said it was going to be real treat this afternoon, but the destination was a mystery....oh I do like surprises!
All decked out in our black and white and BLING, I have on my new necklace and earrings win and Traveling Helen is celebrating her wellness. In our new white hats, I think how lovely it is to have a few hours out together and holiday from the news media for a short while.
I was whisked along the road to Arrowtown. Hmmm had it sorted in my mind – it must be, no.....whizzed by that cafe...hmmm,...and that one! Now driving out of Arrowtown along the Lake Hayes road – oh, it must be Walnut Cottage then – Traveling Helen has a twinkle in her eye, grins wickedly and pulls in – YES! 
Under new ownership and still in gorgeous garden setting we spied straight away amongst the wonderful array of home baked food – LEMON MERINGUE PIE!
 

 
Going...going..
 
Gone!
It was indeed the nicest we had ever tasted and such generous slices!


Ripe walnuts dropped from the trees as we ate – like pellets above us!
Anyone for a super fresh walnut in the shell?


No comments: